v1 – 04.06.2019
This Privacy Notice is intended to set out your rights and answer any queries you may have about your personal data. If you need more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have entered into a contract with one of our subsidiaries or group companies, the controller of your data will be the Aktiia’s company or companies stated in your contract and/or the Aktiia company to which you provide any additional consent.
Our personal data handling policy and procedures have been developed in line with the requirements of the 1995 European Union Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and applicable national law.
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and our products and when you purchase services from us. The personal data we process includes:
- Personal information : any information that you voluntarily submit to us and that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or your business.
- personal data related to the browser or device you use to access our website;
- internet browser and operating system; and
- any other personal data you provide.
if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and may record telephone calls for regulatory compliance and record keeping purposes; and- details of your visits to our website and the materials and information that you access.
Please note that you have a right to object to the processing of your personal data where that processing is carried out for our legitimate interest or for direct marketing.
We may also process your personal data where necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. Where we require personal data to comply with our legal requirements, failure to provide this data means we may not be able to provide the requested services to you and/or interact with you further.
Use of the data
We process the personal data listed in paragraph above for the following purposes:
- to establish and fulfill a contract with you, for example, if you make a purchase from us or enter into an agreement to provide or receive services. This may include verifying your identity, taking payments, communicating with you, providing customer services and arranging the delivery or other provision of products or services. We require this information in order to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without it;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- in accordance with our legitimate interests in protecting Aktiia’s legitimate business interests, and legal rights, including but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation);
- with your express consent, to respond to any comments or complaints we may receive from you, or to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products or services;
- to personalize our communications to you; our website; and products or services for you, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- to monitor use of our websites and online services. We may use your information to help us check, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- if you provide a credit or debit card, we may also use third parties to check the validity of the sort code, account number and card number you submit in order to prevent fraud, in accordance with our legitimate interests and those of third parties;
- in circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes, in accordance with our legitimate interests; and
- to invite you to take part in market research or surveys.
We may also send you direct marketing in relation to Aktiia’s relevant products and services. Electronic direct marketing will only be sent where you have given your consent to receive it, or you have been given an opportunity to opt-out. We will not send you direct marketing of third party products or services although our own products or services may on occasion include co-operation with third parties. You will continue to be able to opt-out of electronic direct marketing at any time by following the instructions in the relevant communication.
Social Media Features
Cookies are small text files which are placed on the computer or electronic device of a website user to provide the website operator with information about use of our site. They are used to enable websites to function or to provide information to the owners of a website.
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your computer or electronic device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.
- Analytical purposes: Analytical cookies allow us to recognize, measure and track users of our website in anonymous form. The information collected includes the number of visitors to our site, where visitors have come to our website from and the pages that they have visited. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by determining whether website visitors can find information easily, or by identifying the aspects of websites that are of the most interest to them.
- Usage preferences: Some of the cookies on our website are activated when visitors to our sites make a choice about their usage of our site. The website then ‘remembers’ the settings preferences of the user concerned. This allows us to tailor aspects of our website to the individual user.
- Functional purposes: Functional purpose cookies store information that is needed by our applications to process and operate. For example, where transactions or requests within an application involve multiple workflow stages, cookies are used to store the information from each stage temporarily, in order to facilitate completion of the overall transaction or request.
- We also may use DART cookies for ad serving through Google’s DoubleClick, which places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing the web and visit a site using DoubleClick advertising (including some Google AdSense advertisements). This cookie is used to serve ads specific to you and your interests (”interest based targeting”). The ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history (For example, if you have been viewing sites about visiting Las Vegas, you may see Las Vegas hotel advertisements when viewing a non-related site, such as on a site about hockey). DART uses “non personally identifiable information”. It does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers or credit card numbers.
To make full use of websites, your computer or electronic device will need to accept cookies, as this website will not function properly without them. In addition, cookies are required in order to provide you with personalized features on this website.
With whom and where is your personal data shared
We may disclose your personal data to our affiliates, agents and contractors (including to parties located outside the European Economic Area – “EEA”) for the purposes of inter-group administration and to deliver products or services.
Additionally, other service providers are used for the provision of technology related services and the distribution of promotional material. Therefore, any personal data you submit through the use of Aktiia’s websites and/or applications may be processed by that third- party service provider. For example, these third parties may process your personal data in order to sign you up to our newsletter, to an event or webinar, or to receive other email updates. This includes the following third-party service providers, which may be updated over time:
- Google Analytics https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html/
- WordPress https://fuc.wordpress.org/about/privacy/
- Yoast SEO https://yoast.com/privacy-policy/
- Hubspot https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy
Similarly, we may share your personal data as required or permitted by law, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is legally required or otherwise necessary to protect our rights and property, or the rights, property or safety of others, including to advisers, law enforcement agencies, and judicial and regulatory authorities.
We may also disclose your personal data to a third party that acquires all or part of our assets or shares, or that succeeds us in carrying on all or a part of our business, whether by merger, acquisition, reorganization or otherwise.
International transfers of your personal data
Where we transfer personal data to a country outside of the EEA which does not provide a similar or adequate level of protection to that provided by countries in the EEA, we will enter into a contract with the recipient or seek assurances from the recipient that they are EU-U.S. Privacy Shield certified or have Binding Corporate Rules in place. You have the right to obtain further information in relation to these safeguards by contacting us as provided below.
Data Storage Duration
We will store the personal data that you send to us via our websites and/or applications on our databases. We will retain your personal data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the services requested or to answer queries or resolve issues with us. After this period, your personal data shall be deleted from our databases subject to any legal, contractual or similar obligations to retain the personal data.
Data Storage Location
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers, in which case the third country’s data protection laws will have been approved as adequate by the European Commission or other applicable safeguards will be in place.
Your Personal Data Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by clicking the unsubscribe button on any communication we have sent to you or by contacting us.
Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it.
You also have the right, with some exceptions and qualifications, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
Where you have provided your data to us and it is processed by automated means, you may be able to request that we provide it to you in a structured, machine readable format.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you may be able to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data while your complaint is resolved. In some circumstances you can ask us to erase your personal data
- by withdrawing your consent for us to use it;
- if it is no longer necessary for us to use your personal data;
- if you object to the use of your personal data and we don’t have a good reason to continue to use it; or
- if we haven’t handled your personal data in accordance with our obligations.
Where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, for example because of their repetitive character, we may either charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication or taking the action requested or refuse to act on the request.